The video Trapped in the Closet All at Once by Michael Bell- Smith was very overwhelming. I tried to listen to the lyrics of the music to try to understand what he was saying but I could not hear or pick out specific lyrics. That was the same with the images, since all the images were overlapped so many times I could not see an individual image. There were times during the video when I could catch certain words or the image would become clearer. This video was made by putting together all 12 episodes of Trapped in the Closet. Michael Bell-Smith sync’d them all together to create this video. I went onto you tube to watch one of the episodes to get a general idea of what the original was about. It was very different. He distorted the original episodes to create he own piece of art. I’m not sure if Michael was trying to demonstrate something or get a message across. If he did, I think he meant the video to seem confusing and hard to hear and understand.
Super Mario Clouds, by Cory Arcangel, was a very different form art. Cory Arcangel programmed the Old Super Mario Brothers Nintendo Video Game and erased everything but the clouds. He also put the codes online. I’m not sure why he did this or if there was a message to doing this. He did say that he likes to make things out of trash. This could be a form reconstructing taking someone else’s art and making it their own by changing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment