Well, after watching the Burden compilation I guess the first thing that
comes to mind is that this guy is the biggest masochist I have ever seen,
and don't mean in the sexual sense. I'm too busy trying to figure out
what the hell is wrong with this guy that I can't concentrate on the
meaning of his pieces. At one point during the advertisement that he made
he says that he was trying to convince everyone that he was a legitimate
artist, but to me the art world would have been better off if he had
killed himself during one of his "pieces".
So, by now I guess you can tell that his "art work" has evoked some
emotions in me to the point where I want to throw my computer out the
window, which I'm thinking at this point may be the actual purpose of
Burden's work. I think the purpose of his work may be to make the viewer
question his motives and come up with their own answers. I want those 35
minutes of my life back.
Terry Fox's work had some simple physics experiments which were subtly
amusing. I read the description of the work before watching it and it
delievered pretty much what I thought it would be, that being a a fairly
predictable ending from a long drawn out process. I'm really starting to
think that the purpose of this work was to give Fox something to do with
his relatively new toy and also give him something that he could call art.
I can't say that either of these pieces of work really do anything for me
except make me question the motives of some people, which I'm still
thinking about. Why would Burden have someone shoot him? The end result
is alreay known. Perhaps he thought that was the only way to get his
point across, whatever point that was. Honestly, Burden's pieces leave me
feeling pissed off.
Monday, September 3, 2007
First Response
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment