Saturday, September 15, 2007

Response 2: Four More Years

Four More Years was a very interesting video in that it was more so like a documentary of Nixon’s presidential election, which is so different than other video’s we have watched. There weren’t special effects or even color involved in this video; it was just news reporters questioning those involved in the election as well as snippets of televised programs of Nixon during the campaign. I thought it was very interesting because there was so much support for Nixon and he won with a landslide. I compare and contrast his situation with that of Bush right now and how Bush’s support rate is the lowest in history. I was very impressed and surprised at how educated Nixon’s children were about his issues at hand. When asked about policies their father was enforcing, Nixon’s children answered with not only eloquence but they knew about the issues at hand which is rare for young age. Nixon’s children were well educated and were definitely taught how to handle situations they would be put in. An example would be when a reporter is asking Nixon’s son about his stand on certain issues and what the rate of inflation was; I could tell that Nixon’s son didn’t really know the answer to the question so he handled the situation politely by saying he had to go. His daughters were extremely beautiful and polite, intelligent as well which definitely helped him in his campaign. The people who were talking into the cameras were all full of energy and enthusiasm which we rarely see in today’s campaign. The enthusiasm on the other hand does remind me of the “Tree people” in Berkeley that are trying to save the oak tree’s by memorial stadium. The “tree people” are opinionated about what they believe and are willing to be arrested if that’s what it takes to get their voice heard, and I feel like that is what these supporters are doing by making signs. After the first thirty minutes it got really repetitive and I found myself slowly losing interest with the subject at hand.

No comments: