Both young and old, “Four More Years” showed the views and beliefs of both pro-Nixon and anti-Nixon. When watching “Four More Years,” I was amazed to see how many young adolescents were actually involved in politics at the time. Young adolescents were caught up in the Nixon craze through chanting at rallies and painting posters. Even Nixon’s own children were an integral part of his campaign. They had no fear in expressing their political views whether they supported or were against Nixon. This video can really be compared to today’s society and how even now we are trying to get more of the youth involved in politics. I know that many of trends that the youth are into, such as MTV, are trying to target people while their young to take part in political action. We saw in this video that politics got all the way down to colleges and high schools. I think that this course of action is good for today’s society, which I think has developed a sense of apathy toward politics. Young people may think that their vote isn’t important or that one vote doesn’t really count, but this video shows just how much of an impact teens and young adolescents can be in politics.
One aspect of this video that I really liked was that it showed views of both Nixon supporters and anti-Nixon supporters. We saw how important the media is in the whole process in campaigning for presidency and how they portrayed both sides of the story. It is interesting to see how the media then evolved into the media of today. It is not as hectic, a little more organized, yet it still manages to portray the facts and views of the people. When interviewing the people, much of the video was zoomed in on the face of the person. The person’s face is the only thing the viewer can focus on and is required to listen, thus establishing a connection between the interviewee and the viewer. I think that this gives viewers a sort of up close and personal outlook on the person’s beliefs.
No comments:
Post a Comment