The video, Theme Song by Vito Acconci, was created at a very personal level. Vito Acconci is very close up to the camera and talks directly atthe viewers. It is as if he is about the come up of the tv and that is what I believe he wants the audience to feel could happen. “I can see your face in my mind. Come close. Don’t you want to come in here? Don’t cry.”By doing this Vito Acconci makes the viewers feel certain emotions. I felt that my personal space was being violated. Some of things that Vito Acconci talked about were intimate, that made me feel like he was directly affected the viewer’s emotions. Vito Acconci steps the boundary of regular television in related to the idea of “you and I.” He is blurring the line of where the reality of life begins and were the imaginary pictures form on the screen.
In the video Undertone, I noticed that Vito Acconci was again purposely trying to make the viewers feel different emotions. This time I felt very shocked and slightly disturbed. This is something that is not seen on regular television and it is very direct. He says “he wants to believe that there is a girl under the table.” The repeats what he says to make more of an impact. He also seems to stop his imagination and directly speak to the viewers. “I need you to be there.” By saying this he is drawing the viewer into his imagination; this could make the viewer very uncomfortable. The way the video was shot is very important as well. By not allowing the viewer to see under the table, he is making the viewer listen to this imagination of what could be under there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment