Watching Theme Song and listening to his voice doing to hipno talk made me extremely uncomfortable, and then I felt ridiculous and he made me laugh and then I just couldn't watch (but I did) he sounded like a pervert stalker "I'll try anything..I need a body next to mine...nobody needs to know about it." Argh...when he did the "wrap around" gesture thing the fourth time, I wanted to throw up. It made me think what differentiates seduction from creepy harassment? is it familiarity? attraction?
The video as a whole seemed like this would be something I would find on Youtube, one of them video diary entries, lonelygirl15 type of thing, except more disturbing. I think what makes it so is how comfortable he is, his vulnerability, honesty, and openness threatens our social norm, we cannot possibility this open and say the things he says, so when he enters our world with such forwardness we feel threatened and confused. Then he brings up the idea of an audience which shook me a little. I had a moment of realization: up until now, I felt like a part of this performance, but I am the audience, but he is talking to me, about me, I am the absent character. In this way, the audience becomes the subject of the performance.
And then there is Undertone, girl under the table and then nobody under the table...jeez! I really think he should find a girlfriend or see a shrink, not that having fantasies is crazy, but taping it and asking someone to be an audience to it is rather bizarre. There is a reason masturbation is mostly a solitary activity!!
On a more serious note, the way the video is shot makes you feel you are sitting right there, perhaps tied to the chair unable to leave the scene even though you do have that option. I had the sensation I sometimes get when homeless people ask me for change, I want to help, and maybe I could, but I pass with a guilty look mumbling "sorry." In that situation like this one, I am an audience to the needs of another but refuse to take an active part in the situation.
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment