Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Vito Acreepy, volume two

Okay...how is this art? At first I thought he is going to rape her on camera which would not surprise me that much knowing him and his crazy ways. Did I call Chris Burden insane? My bad, I had no idea what was to come. I have to say my standards for diagnosing insanity have changed.
I understand the whole idea of him being the sadist making the audience masochists, but as with Burden's work I still do not understand why this is "art." I would perhaps have a better grasp of the purpose if Prying or Velvet Water were called an exploration of human resistance or adaptibilty or something. If I look past the violence and the description, I could say I see the metaphor Acconci is trying to communicate, he tries to pry into the woman and she resists him. She is closed and he tries to force her open, widen her horizons, very typical!!!

No comments: